Friday, October 8, 2010

[One Small Miracle] 7 Months On...



"Dear Lord, I ask Your blessing,
For I am still in pain.
I never thought I'd make it
To the 9th again.

These months have seemed much harder
Than I ever thought they would.
I thought that if I made it through
The first month, I'd be good.

But each day seems much tougher
Than the one that came before.
I truly hoped my pain would be
Lesser and not more.

The cloud of fog has lifted
But the pain seems more severe.
I don't think I can make it
Through another grief-filled year.

The months ahead, my dear Lord,
Will be especially tough,
For Layla's birthday is coming up.
Have I not cried enough?

While other people celebrate,
My eyes will fill with tears.
And it somehow doesn't seem right
That I carry all this fear.

Give me the strength to make it through
And help my soul to see
That Layla's safe and whole with You,
For all eternity.

Help me to feel her presence near,
The brush of angel wings,
Teach me once again to smile,
Help my spirit sing.

Turn my mourning into dancing,
As You said You would,
Help my spirit look to heaven
And to see the good.

For I know that life's eternal
When we give our hearts to You,
And someday I will be in heaven
When life on earth is through.

Let me dwell on that glad hope
And not on tears and pain.
Someday I will live with You
And be with Layla again."

No comments:

Post a Comment